Secrets of cleaning in the house from cleaning professionals
Any business is always better entrusted to professionals. Of course, this applies to both cleaning apartments and other premises. A cleaning company or a person who cleans professionally will perform cleaning work much faster and better.
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to use the services of such workers for various reasons. Sometimes cleaning needs to be done urgently; sometimes it is too expensive for the family; sometimes the owners simply do not trust strangers.
If we can not always use the help of professionals when cleaning, then we can always take advice from experts in their field.
When you start cleaning your apartment or house, always change into special work clothes. Then you don't have to worry about splashes of dirt or chemicals ruining your favorite tracksuit or bathrobe. After cleaning, you will not walk around the apartment in work clothes or mess around in the kitchen, but immediately put them in the wash, and out of habit, you can not immediately change your home clothes.
For cleaning, rubber gloves, a respirator, or at least a protective mask should always be in stock. Do not start cleaning without personal protective equipment; your hands will not forgive you for this. Remember, cleaning can be started even in half an hour, and it will take a very long time to restore the skin on the hands that has been overdried by chemicals.
Select (experimentally) the means for each selected surface. You can use the advice of professionals, friends, and acquaintances, but as experience shows, what one user likes is not at all necessary to please another. Therefore, in the selection of chemistry (or organic products), your experience is the best assistant.
When purchasing various products, carefully study their composition and method of exposure to the surface. After all, each cleaning agent has its strengths and weaknesses. When removing, for example, one type of stain, the cleaning agent can be completely useless for other stains and even damage the surface.
If you know well which product works on the appropriate surface, you will quickly get rid of dirt without damaging the surface material, saving you a lot of time.
- Do not mix products containing chlorine with ammonia.
- Do not use acids or alkalis to clean natural stone. These strong agents break down the protective layer on the surface of the stone and will eventually damage the top layer of the stone itself.
- Do not use abrasives to remove stains or other light soiling. Abrasive material can permanently damage the surface, leaving deep scratches on it.
- Do not wash the bath with acid-containing products; they destroy the top protective layer and make the bath rough. The surface of the bath begins to become dirty, rust, and collapse faster.
- Do not use baking soda or detergent in combination with hot water to clean linoleum floors.
- Try to have an arsenal of necessary products in full before cleaning, so as not to interrupt cleaning to visit the store and buy the missing funds.
- For general cleaning, you will need products for washing dishes, windows and glass, floors, cleaning the bathroom and bath (these are completely different products; pay attention to this), washing tiles, and chrome faucets.
- It is good to have a variety of sponges and napkins in stock. You will save time if you use not a cloth, but a microfiber cloth during cleaning.
- Anti-static wipes are also great tools to prevent the appearance of a layer of dust on electrical appliances. Don't forget to purchase disinfectants for areas with a large accumulation of germs (phone, computer keyboard, etc.).
- The equipment used for cleaning the bathroom and toilet must be individual. Do not use it to clean the kitchen or other rooms.
- To prevent cleaning equipment from causing a mess, store it in a designated area. Well, if it is a closed niche in a closet or wall,
Detergents must be kept out of the reach of children and animals. It is convenient to hang mops, brushes, and brooms on the wall in the pantry, and gloves, napkins, and sponges in plastic or metal baskets.
Do not stuff unnecessary things and objects on shelves and cabinets in the hope that they will come in handy someday, or you will take them apart next time. Get rid of the trash ruthlessly and immediately.
Clothes and bedding should be reviewed regularly (depending on your accuracy, once a month or every six months) on the shelves of the closet and carefully folded. If you know where and what you have, you won’t have to waste time and effort searching for the right thing, and then when everything is upside down in the closet for the next cleaning,
To store seasonal items, use transparent containers or boxes with markings on them indicating where and what lies inside. This method is well suited for storing shoes.
Plan your cleaning. If today you want to do a little preventive cleaning in the apartment, you should not, for example, delve into cleaning books in a large bookcase or start washing decorative dishes. Otherwise, such cleaning will drag on for a long time and only violate all your plans.
Start cleaning from top to bottom, as well as from the far end of the room to the exit. Then, by sweeping, for example, cobwebs from the ceiling, you will not clog other surfaces wiped clean from dust again. During general cleaning, be sure to wipe the chandelier and other lighting fixtures. During cleaning, the devices must be de-energized. Wipe sockets and any other electrical appliances only with a dry cloth. The use of wet cleaning products is strictly prohibited.
Before dusting the surfaces, you need to vacuum the room; otherwise, the dust will settle again.
If there are places in the apartment that need special attention, and require additional processing and disinfection, start cleaning them. Apply a product that requires long-term action, and then go about your business.
It is advisable to spend twenty minutes daily on a small, superficial cleaning. Plan a longer, and even more general cleaning for the weekend and involve all your household members in it.
Clean up in a good mood. Turn on your favorite music, open the windows, and get started. Remember that cleanliness in your home is not only good for the mood of all members of your family, but also for their health.
After finishing work, clean up the cleaning equipment in the place intended for its storage. Remove personal protective equipment, change into protective clothing, wash your hands with soap, and grease them with your favorite special cream.